Sika Encounter owes much to one of the great influences in my art career - the work of John Singer Sargent.
His work The Hermit (Il Solitario) showed how a subject relates to its environment. Sargent explores the unity between human, animal and landscape and the play of light, the texture, the gesture of paint. I love the way Sargent used tone to emphasize or reduce the impact of a line, how he limited the range of colours to unify the different elements and how a single brushstroke could convey so much.
to experiment with the ideas within my own work. The relationship between
wildlife and habitat is a central theme in much of my work, and Sargent
helped me to translate my thoughts into paintings. In Sika Encounter,
I've used a change in tone to emphasize or reduce impact within the
- Original artwork enhances your room and lifts your mood. Feel a rush of pleasure every time you look at it.
- Bring the beauty of wildlife into your home
- Treat your family to a unique and special piece of artwork
- Be the envy of your friends and family - no one else will have this painting
- "A good painting to me has always been like a friend. It keeps me company, comforts and inspires." Hedy Lamarr
of images remains the property of the artist